Saturday 8 August 2009

Rain People Inventing The Sky




For years I've been a fan of dace and physical theatre on the High Street.






My first experience of shooting street dance previews came in my early years covering the Fringe back in 1999/ 2000. With a dance show "Freefall."








At the end of their run I was invited in to the theatre to shoot their show, which was a great privilage as the director of the show was quite protective of her work.


On the street this year comes Rain People - inventing the sky. With an emotive and breath taking display of grace, skill, beauty and passion the young troupe take over their space with the power of a dance company of the precision and prowess of the Bolshoi and the Rambert Dance Company.



These young Russian dancers play their space to perfection. I do hope my busy schedule will allow me the chance to make it to their show; as I've missed every show this year I must see. So this has to be the one show I do want to see.



For on street presence, chemistry and beautiful dancing five stars in my eyes.









Their show is on at 22.30 at Zoo Southside, 117 Nicolson Street. Running until the 31st of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment