Saturday 8 August 2009

Rain People Inventing The Sky, Five Stars *****

I'm no critic when it comes to Fringe time. I pick my theatre upon what happens on the street. (And in the last few years) what time the play is on.

Rain People - Inventing the Sky, a powerful group of young Russian dancers from St. Petersburg have taken over the High Street by storm. So drawn by the chance of something special I decided as a last week treat to take in their show.

Wow was I in for the surprise of my life!

Lives of four characters shaped by chance; perhaps by fate. Played out in silence all but for a cry of one of the cast.

The piece played to perfection, beautifully crafted, yet mesmerising simple.

I can only call it perfection. It's your favourite film on DVD watched over and over again.

I want to buy the DVD right now. It's the show everyone should regret they missed. Lets hope they bring it back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment