Friday 4 September 2009

The Power To Move People

Every morning during the Fringe the street performers who take centre stage on the High Street, Parliment Square or Hunter Square and The Mound have a draw where there shows are allocated for that day.
The draw means an early rise to hopefully secure your slot entertaining that day. But there are on some days more performers than show slots availible.

It's on these mornings I arrive early too and spend my time saying hi to friends not seen for a year or more. Or just introducing myself to new faces their first time in Edinburgh .

It's this time I use to get the photo which has almost become my "signature" shot from over the last few years Group photo,J-P sadly not in Edinburgh this year and one or two others have always been surprised that I can get 50 to 60 street performers to obey my orders even just for a few minutes. Wow that sense of power!

I'm sure if they didn't want to be a part of it they'd just not move.

No comments:

Post a Comment